Please enter your starting address in the form input below.
Please refresh the page if trying an alernate address.
This handsome detached period property has been a cherished family home for 40 years and filled with happy warm memories. Whilst in need of some updating, the property is just waiting for its next fortunate owner. Set back from the road and partially screened by established trees and shrubs, the property offers an abundance of off road parking on the driveway which is in front of the DOUBLE GARAGE. A path leads to the entrance porch which offers plenty of space for coats & shoes and access to the practical downstairs cloakroom and into the entrance hall. The kitchen/breakfast room offers a range of wall and base units, work tops and range cooker which heats the hot water, the bay window is a super feature of this social room. A lounge/dining room again with bay window enjoys direct access to the rear garden and a wood burner for those chillier evenings. There is a lean to on the rear of the property which the current owners use for storage. From the first floor landing into the master bedroom, this super light room enjoys rural views across farmland. There are three further bedrooms and a generous family bathroom. The rear garden is a delight! Fully enclosed and mainly laid to lawn, featuring established trees, shrubs, flower borders and vegetable borders... It really is worth a visit to fully appreciate all this great home has to offer.
Alveston is popular with families of all generations. There is a superb choice of outstanding schools as well as the leisure centre with gym and swimming pool in nearby Thornbury. Transport links along the A38 lead to the M4 and M5 motorway network allowing easy commuting to places including Bristol, Cardiff, Gloucester and London. Bristol Parkway Train Station is within easy reach giving a further choice of means of travel. Alveston is in South Gloucestershire, England, is a village, civil parish and former manor inhabited in 2014 by about 3000 people. The village lies about 1 mile (1.6 km) south of Thornbury and approximately 10 miles (16 km) north of Bristol. Alveston is twinned with Courville sur Eure, France. It has a well regarded hotel, a variety of small shops, several parks and fields, two churches and a Hyundai car dealership. Alveston is the gateway to the first Severn Bridge from the A38 road and from Thornbury. It is also the home of Thornbury Cricket Club and Marlwood secondary school. The civil parish also includes the villages of Rudgeway and Earthcott. Just a short car journey away from Thornbury, with its pretty historic high street, modern shopping centre (St Mary's Centre), two large supermarkets and many smaller independent shops. There are excellent Junior and Senior Schools which are highly regarded. We have been proud winners of both Thornbury in Bloom and Britain in Bloom. A farmers market is held monthly, and the food fair is always welcomed. There are several well regarded restaurants including one at Thornbury Castle, also Ronnie's of Thornbury. An annual Carnival is eagerly awaited by all, and there is an active musical theatre group, flower clubs, golf course,
Any reference to schools or school catchment areas contained within these particulars do not imply that places are available in those schools. Parents are advised to contact the Council or visit their website at to check availability of placements.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS
Company reg number 9186030, trading as Lisa Costa Ltd | VAT Number: 204874803
Tel: 01454 279734 | Sales: email@example.com | Lettings: firstname.lastname@example.org
Properties for Sale by Region | Properties to Let by Region | Privacy & Cookies